Summer Adventures: Roaming around HK
After spending 3 weeks in the U.S., it was time to head back to Hong Kong. Shortly after we arrived, guests started showing up one day after another. The first to arrive after a bumpy flight was Jon. He was a little sick, tired and hungry so I took him somewhere familiar for his first meal in Hong Kong.

McDonald's added the Quarter Pounder with Cheese to the menu a few months ago and I was very please. With the exception of one burger, I would say that they taste even better here than in the States.

The remaining photos are out of order because blogger isn't very user-friendly on Mac- sorry. This was actually the night before the wedding. Jon, Gade, my dad and I all took a ride on the Aqualuna junk boat (it's a style of boat, not a garbage vessel) during the famous Hong Kong light show. It was a little pricey, but also pretty cool too.

After a week of sight-seeing and wedding prep, we were all in need of some sleep before the big day.

Goofing around at the Avenue of Stars. It was so hot this afternoon!

I think this was on the Star Ferry at the pier. Here is Jon messing with his camera and my dad... well, I don't really know what he is doing... gang signs?

Before we set sail on the junk boat, we went to Soho for dinner. I had planned to take them to Pepperoni's for some great pizza, but it was gone! There was a new restaurant (Soho No.8?) in its place. After a brief moment of panic, I rerouted the gang to Caramba's for Mexican food. Jon enjoyed the break from the local cuisine. Gade looks excited and my dad... well, I don't really know what he is doing...

A shot of the Star Ferry Pier in TST with the IFC and Hong Kong Island in the background.

Classic shot of Gade on the star ferry.

It was really great to have friends and family in for the wedding. Jon was my best man, my dad was my legal witness for the wedding and Gade was proudly representing the Kingdom of Thailand after His Royal Highness the King couldn't attend.
Sanuk sanuk!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home