Summer Adventures: Atlanta History Museum
While I was in Atlanta for the summer, we took Rufina's family around town for some sightseeing. Our first stop was the Governor's Mansion, but they were having an emergency meeting about the court's decision to stop Atlanta from using water from Lake Lanier. Thus, we traveled down West Paces Ferry to the Atlanta Museum of History.
I was surprised how much there was to see- including a farm that was transplanted from it original location near North Druid Hills. Here are Rufina's parents contemplating a move from the big city out to the farm. Green Acres, anyone?

The farm also included an outhouse. Got a match?

While we were inside the main building- a modern facility, not some old farmhouse- we spotted this snake in the elevator. We have no idea how he got in there... we took the stairs.

One of the exhibits was for the '96 Atlanta Olympics. Here I am zipping across the length of distance that Olympic long jumpers soar.

Rufina tries out power lifting. No work on any offers from Beijing.

And finally, Rufina finishes strong at the hurdles.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home