Grave Differences
As I was walking to school from the MTR last Friday, I noticed an even-larger-than-normal crowd waiting for one of the buses that goes into the Mainland. I quickly remembered that it was the Ching Ming Festival weekend- or grave-sweeping day. On this day, many Chinese families make a pilgrimage to their ancestor's tombs and honor their deal relatives by sweeping the grave, burning incense and making food or drink offering to their dead family members.
When I got to school, I remembered that almost 2000 years ago, someone else was making a trip to the grave. Greeted by the chants of "Hosanna!" and a pathway of palm branches, Christ rode into Jerusalem on His way to the Cross and later... Joseph of Arimathea's tomb. However, that was not the final destination for Jesus, who rose from the dead three days later. In doing so, He not only became the ultimate offering, but He conquered the grave.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home