Countdown

I should have sent this earlier... please remember Thailand in your prayers. There was an early election today because the Prime Minister has been facing staunch opposition especially in Bangkok and in Southern Thailand. There have been many demonstrations in recent weeks, some peaceful, some not.
Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra (seen in the AFP photo), has been criticized lately for cronyism, giving a deaf ear to critics and problems dealing with the Muslim population in the South.
I don't know who is right, but I know that Thailand is divided over the issues and this vote brings it all to a climax. There is fear that tomorrow or in the following week that there could be violence, especially in Bangkok. Please pray for peace. Pray that people would not turn to violence if their party doesn't win. Pray that their hearts and minds would be open to the One who can really bring hope to them- Jesus Christ.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home