Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Roll Bama Roll

Rufina and I just got back from a trip to Alabama and Tennessee to see some of my family.

We were able to meet my (great-great) Uncle John. When I was little, John and Aunt Bessie Mae really spoiled me by taking me out to the park, Space Center, Baskin Robbins and toy stores.

Aside from being a great guy, one thing John is known for is his "Bama House". It is a building behind his house that is FULL of Alabama memorabilia.

Here Rufina, Elmo and I are sitting in front of the custom Crimson Tide stained-glass window that John had made for the Bama House.

Hey, who is that cute guy in red? No, the other one.


Elmo seemed to enjoy his time at the Bama House.

Unfortunately for you, I didn't take a lot of photos of the actual Bama House (because there is just too much stuff). It is really a site to see- Daniel Moore paintings, hounds-tooth hats, photos, knick-knacks, etc.

1 Comments:

At 8:44 PM, July 23, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just passing through your blog... Great to see Rufina enjoying American traditions. Say hello to her for me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home