More Chinese New Year
I think this will about wrap up my Chinese New Year stuff. CNY is actually celebrated over a few days, so it's not just a here-and-gone. Earlier I posted photos of Rufina's mom's family. This was from the dinner that we had with her dad's family. We had a good time, but I passed on the abalone and the shark fin soup.

This is a photo from another meal- I know, a lot of eating over here- with one of Rufina's best friends. I added it because I thought it nicely represented some of what Hong Kong is: the teacup, which could be for either English or green tea; the lime green chopsticks, which represent the Chinese roots, but in a modern way; and the red pocket, which also refers to Hong Kong's Chinese traditions and the emphasis on prosperity.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home