Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Sparks Fly

We celebrated Chinese New Year about a month ago. Here are some of the photos from the big fireworks display at Victoria Harbor. It's kind of like being in Times Square for New Year's Eve, except this is a bit tamer, more organized and sober.
This is a statue on the Kowloon side at the start of the Walk of Stars (Jackie Chan, Bruce Lee, etc.)

Looking at the skyline on Hong Kong Island. These buildings are lit up every night for a lights and laser show at 8pm. The building with the diagonal lines is the Bank of China building designed by I.M. Pei.

The fireworks begin. The tall building on the right is the IFC building which I believe is featured in the upcoming Batman movie.


Note all the digital cameras' glowing LCD screens. One of the cool things that I couldn't really get a shot of was when they shot up fireworks that actually wrote 2-0-0-8 in the sky. Others wrote Chinese characters.

Self portrait during the fireworks.

The finale.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home