I'm going to Carolina in my mind
The "filling" in our Carolina sandwich was some time at the beach- Garden City to be exact. The is the view of the Grand Strand from the beach right behind where we were staying. Two of Rufina's friends/co-workers have a condo at the beach and invited us to join them for a few days.

Garden City is nestled on a thin barrier island (or peninsula) so basically it goes: ocean-beach-beach homes-road-beach homes-salt marsh-inter coastal waterway-mainland. Opposite from the condo was a marina on the inter coastal waterway. Here we are after eating a delicious seafood dinner at a place next the marina.

Getting ready to head down to the beach (while sponsoring one of Chiang Mai's finest).

Sunset at the marina.

Sunset reflecting on the water.

We are so grateful for Ken & Sue's generosity and hospitality. It was wonderful for me to meet them and for Rufina to catch up with them. We enjoyed warm water, nice beaches, good seafood, competitive Rummykube games and great fellowship.
Up next: We leave the Low Country and head back to the Upstate.


1 Comments:
hey, I recognize that shirt! we've got a few lying around here. Looks beautiful there ... I've been all over the world but never to the east coast (except for a couple days in Nashville). I really should go sometime. Let us know if you're ever out west.
Post a Comment
<< Home