Doi Inthanon Part 1
See that smile my face? That's because I had just arrived in Chiang Mai, Thailand.

Since I was over on this side of the globe, I really wanted to get over to Thailand to see some of my friends. Thankfully, we were able to go for a week and catch up with a lot of people and also take a day trip out to Doi Inthanon.
Here we are at Nam Tok Vachiratharn.

These are the falls from a slightly different angle. You can see water on the far side. We were hear near the end of the dry season, so the falls were much smaller than they are at other times of the year.

How does that saying go about the waterspout and a spider?

Rufina and I at the top of the world... or at least the top of Thailand.

And here is the view from Doi Inthanon with the Queen's gardens in the foreground.

Near the top of the mountain, they built twin chedis (temples or shrines) for the King and Queen of Thailand. This is me in front of the Queen's chedi. The King's was closed for renovations.

Beautiful gardens surround the chedis. We'll take a closer look at the flora of Inthanon in my next photo post.

A side story to this part of the trip:
We were going to buy a snack at the concession stand near the chedis. There was Muslim couple also in there trying to buy some food also. But the guy didn't seem to speak any Thai or English and the girl only spoke very limited English. They wanted some instant noodles that weren't spicy, so I tried to help them out. They were going to buy one package, but I noticed that it had pork, so I tried to tell them that they shouldn't buy it. They didn't understand the word pork (go figure), so I had to draw a picture of a pig so they would understand. We later found a veggie mix that wasn't too spicy.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home