Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Doi Inthanon Part 2 - Love blooms

Another feature of Doi Inthanon are the flower gardens that surround the chedis. Thais have a knack for gardening and landscaping with beautiful flowers. The King instituted programs years ago in the northern part of the country to train the Hill Tribe peoples to grow flowers, fruits and veggies instead of opium which had been the cash crop. And now we get to reap the benefits...

I don't know what any of these flowers are. They told us what some of them were, but I really can't remember, so we'll call this one "white flower".

And this one is "red flower"...

And when those two got together and had babies this is what they looked like.

These were some of my favorites. They look like daisies with purple tips and a hint of purple mixed in with the white.

Looking up through the leaves to the sky.

Taking time to smell the... uh, whatever they are.

If you are an amateur botanist or gardener, feel free to post the names of the different types of flowers above.

1 Comments:

At 6:07 PM, March 18, 2008, Blogger Ginny said...

Here's what I think:

1) The top flower (white) is a hibiscus.

2) The red clustered flower looks like a type of azalea.

3) The white/red flower looks like a petunia.

4) The white/purple flower might be an aster, but I'm not positive.

5) The bottom red flower is a poppy.

These are guesses, but I have a thing for flowers. Thanks for the challenge! :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home